We've recently been attending quite a few basketball games. Wouldn't you, if the POY was on your team and for one whole week you were ranked #3?! We have had so much fun cheering, stomping, screaming, analyzing, . . . you get the picture. GO COUGARS! We got a pair of free tickets the other day and decided to sell them and use our all-sport passes to get it - so, we used our profit as spending money for treats at the game! Hoorah for roasted almonds, hot dogs, and dip-n-dots!
This is Kate, my study abroad director's daughter. She joined us in the student section for the BYU vs. Wyoming game and helped us score awesome seats!
During the last game of the season, the student section prepared something a little special. How fun is this?! We loved it.
Click here to watch.
We have also celebrated a birthday here in the Myers household! My wonderful husband turned 24 last week! On Friday, we had his favorite dinner - "Ben's Birthday Fiesta!" followed by Rocky I (a birthday tradition we plan to continue for years and years) and red velvet cupcakes!
On Saturday, I threw Ben a surprise party with some of our best friends. It was so fun and he was totally surprised! (You should have seen him answer the door - his eyes were still on the basketball game on TV and he didn't even look at us until we started singing!)
I got the idea out of Martha Stuart to do a colored layer cake - here is my attempt at two blue layers. Needless to say, her rendition was much better, but I still had fun making it! And it tasted good.
Here is my happy, happy birthday boy!! Right before the party, he ate two cupcakes from the previous night . . . little did he know! Clearly, he decided to end the evening on a high note with one more cupcake and another serving of cake and ice cream! Now that's what I'm talking about!

4 comments:
yeah! So glad the surprise worked out! I love the cake decorating! Happy Birthday Ben.
I LOVE that pic of you and Ben at the game!
Byron and I think it's so AMAZING that you guys were in the middle of the student section for the "show"! Also, when you get a chance, can you e-mail me the dinner you made for Ben's birthday. Seriously, my mouth is watering at the thought right now. :0
love...
That flash mob is so cool! I've always wanted to be in one.
Happy Birthday Ben!
Post a Comment