Friday, March 1, 2013

stop-light pick-up

The best thing happened to me today.

I was sitting at a stop light with all the windows half-down because it was so warm. I was also listening to music and blowing my nose, the most attractive thing i do. I felt like I was being watched - you know the feeling - so I looked to my right and the guy in the next car was looking at me. Ethnic. Mid-twenties. Nice car. Smart/studious-looking. I think "whatever" - awkward eye-contacts with cars next to you happen every so often - and I go back to just sitting there. Then, I hear him saying "Excuse me!" so I roll down my window and he says "Excuse me, would you like to go get coffee with me or something if you have the time?" And as the light turns green I say "I'm married! Sorry!" and drive off.

Either he is really desperate or I am super attractive when I blow my nose.

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Ashley and I laughed really hard at this story. Great story-telling,Karin. Oh, yea, congrats....As we all know, you are super cute whether you are blowing your nose or not.

Randy said...

Even blowing your nose, you are dang cute. I can understand what this poor guy was trying to do. Must have broke his heart when you told him you were married. Ben's a lucky guy :-0

Kelly said...

Awesome! What a hottie you are!

Kyra Moon said...

This is the best story ever.

Anne Marie Hyer said...

Please keep blogging. You're not allowed to stop. How does it make you feel that the stop light i imagined was the one right next to B&R. no idea why. just was. however, it seem oh so fitting. and he's not desperate. You're just that beautiful

nate and ash said...

Hilarious.

Laurel & DJ said...

Haha! So so funny :)