Sunday, December 8, 2013

thanksgiving

So, we just had the best Thanksgiving ever!  We took the quick little flight from Oakland right into the Provo airport - talk about hilariously little and cute and totally convenient!  One of the things we were most excited about about being in Utah (besides the family, of course) was the food, and within 30 minutes of landing, we had J-Dawg's in our mouths.   Ben's sister, Ashley, hosted Ben & I and Randy & Sandra for the week - it was so fun!  

Monday evening before Ben's parents arrived, we went out with the Pattersons.  Professor Patterson was my study abroad director in Paris and we have missed seeing them for our monthly Sunday dinners.  It was so kind of them to drive all the way down to Provo, pick us up, and take us out to dinner!  I can't believe that Kate was just a little 13-year-old babe when we were on study abroad and now she's a freshmen at BYU!




Ben and Ashley's husband, Jon, spent the Tuesday skiing at Alta and they had a blast!  Ben took a ski class our last semester at BYU and it was so fun for him to be back on the slopes!  And of course, while the boys skied, the girls shopped!



On Tuesday evening, Ben & I got together with 2 couples that we are good friends with and just chatted and laughed all night.  Then we hit up the BYU Creamery with minutes to spare before they closed.  We needed our Graham Canyon fix!



Wednesday morning we all had breakfast at Kneader's - I think Ben was looking forward to this the most - and it did not disappoint!  It was also really fun to look at all of their Christmas decor and Randy purchased our first Nativity set for us there!



After breakfast, Ben & I made a quick trip to the hospital in Provo because I needed to have a procedure done on a certain day, which happened to fall during Thanksgiving week, of course, and luckily they could do it for me while we were in Utah.  I was so grateful!  Doesn't this room just scream "Happy Thanksgiving!"?  Haha.



Wednesday afternoon we all went to the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point and Ashley's two kids had a lot of fun.  Ben, Randy, & I had an epic game of Jenga, as well!




On Thanksgiving morning I woke up with the flu - that is just such a typical day for people to get sick!  I know multiple people who were sick that day, too - all the traveling, I guess.  But anyway, I hear that everybody had a really nice day and that the feasting was most excellent.



Friday morning, we made a big trip to the BYU Bookstore and did some major damage (thanks, Randy!).  It was awesome to be on campus again - it really felt like we had never left.  We lunched and ice creamed at the Creamery afterwards, and all left feeling majorly full.

On Friday evening we went to see "Frozen" and it was so fun!  I totally recommend it.  Two thumbs up.



Saturday morning was time for Christmas cookie decorating, and then we hopped back on the quick Provo-Oakland flight.



The week went by really quickly, but we had a lot of fun!  Thanks to Ashley & Jon for hosting us and to Randy & Sandra for coming all the way from Indiana!  We sure love you guys!


1 comment:

Sandra said...

What a lovely recap off our week together. We loved spending it with you!