Monday, April 30, 2012

spring event

Ben and I spent this past weekend at my parent's home.  Mom and I had a special Spring Event to attend themed Vintage Spring Sorbet.  You can view the information blog by clicking here.  I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, but oh my goodness, it was just the most perfect day!

There were cute little places to take fun pictures, delicious cookies to eat, fun and easy crafts to do, great vendors to shop from, a fabulous lunch to enjoy, and a delightful concert by Mindy Gledhill.  We loved her music and bought her two CDs afterwards; she is so happy and cute!  The day was so fun.  It was great to spend a whole day with Mom and bask in our femininity!

Here are a few pictures of the "scenery" of the event.





Here are Mom and I.  I love this picture!


One of our tasks was to punch out a butterfly, stick it to this chalkboard, and write a word next to it.  Mom and I are "joy" and "mother."


These are all of the women somehow connected to the Rowan family.  So fun.  This picture frame was one of the cute photo opps, but we decided (unfortunately, afterwards) that with so many of us it wasn't our best choice.


Lunch was so yummy, and Mindy Gledhill's concert was so happy!



I came home with a few goodies to beautify our apartment.  I love the flowers in the blue mason jars.  I am going to have to buy flowers each week to keep them full because it is just so beautiful and fresh!



This was one of the crafts.  I put a magnet on it when I got home and put it on our fridge.



I have to admit I was exhausted when we got back to Merced, but Mom and I weren't done with our day until we made some strawberry jam.  Mmmmm.


'Here's to a delightful weekend!  :)

3 comments:

Randy said...

Karin, what a wonderful event! Who put it on? Was it a community event? Is this the first time you've gone? If I lived in your neck of the woods I would put it on my calendar, for sure.

Sandra

MollyJae said...

So glad you could join me. I have loved listening to Mindy - such happy songs. Truly - being a woman is a wonderful thing. So fun to have a daughter to share with. Enjoy the jam.

Stephanie said...

There is nothing better than a mother daughter activity! It is so fun that you live close enough to get to do things like that!