Thursday, April 12, 2012

fails

A couple of funny fails around here lately . . .

Last Saturday, Ben told me that he wanted to make Easter a little more special than just any other Sunday, and he wanted to do so by (me) making and (us) decorating sugar cookies. He knows this is one of my favorite activities. So we needed Easter cookie cutters. This happens every holiday . . the search for holiday-specific cookie cutters . . it's like no one uses them anymore! We tried Target first because we had to pick up a few other things there. And then we drove away before we even looked for cookie cutters! Forgetful. And too prideful to turn around! So then we tried the Dollar Store . . and then Marshall's just because it was next door. No luck. By now Ben is a little frustrated! It was cute. He just wanted to make Easter more special by doing something fun for me, is that too much to ask? We should have just turned around when we were so close to Target. It was getting late and we were tired. We were about to drive all the way back across town to Target, but I thought of the Michael's Arts & Crafts that we were already close to. And we found cookie cutters!

I can only still call it a fail because we had to pay $15 for the 101 piece kit, much to Ben's chagrin.

But I told him that it's the cookie cutter set I've always dreamed of and now we will never go on another holiday-specific cookie cutter search all over town! It's a win for me!


This next fail doesn't end so happily, so don't get your hopes up.

Monday night after dinner Ben was looking to help me during a busy evening. He assigned himself the chore of finishing the laundry. (And I did remind him to switch the load from the washer into the dryer!) Well, the clothes in the dryer weren't quite done yet so he gave them some more time and we went on with our evening. A little later Ben folded the clothes that were in the dryer and we, again, went on with our evening.

We both had to wake up at 5:30 the next morning so we got ready for bed and then I sat down on the living room floor and started stretching. Ben said, "Are you ready for bed?" I said, "Yep, just waiting for the bedding to dry and then we can make the bed and go to sleep!" And Ben said, "Ohgharhgh. I didn't switch the load from the washer to the dryer. When the first load wasn't dry yet, it slipped my mind. Even if I switch it now it won't be dry for at least an hour."

We were both sooooo tired and we had to get up much earlier than we're used to the next morning, so we just had to make do. See our solution below.



We used our Ernst & Young complimentary blanket as a fitted sheet, a quilt and our comforter for blankets, and two of Ben's big t-shirts for pillowcases. I took a picture because I knew we would think it was funny at some point, but that point was not then. Then we tried to sleep.

Two hours later, Ben woke up (I don't think I had fallen asleep yet), got our damp sheets out of the dryer, and made the bed. I'll just say that we did not sleep well and 5:30 came very early.

Fail!


Funny things in the Myers household. :)

2 comments:

Randy said...

Oh what memories you are making that you can laugh about when your older and your children can laugh about when you tell them stories of when you were newly married.

Randy

vocalise said...

The sheets episope...made me chuckle.