Friday, May 11, 2012

nothing exciting

Nothing really blog-worthy is going on in the Myers household, but I haven't blogged in 11 days (gasp!) so I thought I'd record a few of the things going on around here.

Work for me is going great!  Currently I am working in the dining room for the 3 hour dinner shift 3 days per week.  A 3 hour shift?  Yes, that's my kind of employment.  I'm glad I'm a woman and that my divine calling is to be a stay-at-home mom.  I know when that time comes it will be a lot of work, but it's not "employment" per se.  Then, on Saturdays I work for 4 hours in the afternoon running the activities.  It's a bummer to work on Saturday, but I don't have to get up early, and I get off with plenty of time left for a great evening with Ben.  And, I love doing the activities.  I am on-call for working at the front desk and covering the other activities assistants during the week as well.

Work for Ben is going great!  He is busy-busy-busy!  I'm not the one to explain all that he is doing and he won't want to blog, but I do know that he is getting a lot of really good feedback from his superior co-workers!  Surprised?  Not a bit.  He is doing great.  He's learning a lot and being courageous and getting out of his comfort zone.  As a stat, I think he is working about 50 hours each week with 2 hours of commuting each day.

The duck couple at our apartment complex had babies!!



Earlier this week a lady at work had a stroke during dinner time and the paramedics had to be called.  Three or four men came to take her to the hospital, but one of them was more interested in me than in the resident.  When they were leaving, he put his hand on my back and said into my ear: "Now, you have a wonderful evening."  Ha!  If only he knew I'm happily married!  I was shocked and flustered.

Ben and I have a few things that we do weekly.  Every Wednesday we watch Survivor and we are quite into it.  Excited for the conclusion this Sunday!  We go to Costco once a week for a cheap dinner - love us some pizza and a hot dog!  Then we walk around to try the samples, see what new books are popular, and test out the bikes.  We've recently discovered the magic of dessert at Costco as well . . . last night Ben got a churro to eat right then and an ice cream bar to bring home to the freezer.  I stick with the fro-yo.  We have also been frequenters of Baskin Robbins dollar night every Tuesday, but when we were there this week there was a new sign up and dollar night is no longer dollar night, but dollar-fifty night!  Lame.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha, you're attracting all kind of men at that new job of yours :) That was hilarious!

Claire said...

I love Survivor!!!

Who're you rooting for?