Wednesday, March 7, 2012

tour d'appartement

We are loving Walnut Creek. It is a very beautiful area. We are about 12 minutes from Church, 7 minutes from downtown shopping, 5 minutes from Baskin Robbins, and 3 minutes from the grocery store. There are two county libraries within 10 minutes and I frequent at least one of them once a week. It is a seven minute walk to catch BART and from there Ben has a 40 minute ride into the city and then a 3 minute walk to the EY office. It will be easy for us to go into the city on weekends. There are 3 other families in our ward that live in our same apartment complex, and I am sure like 15 other families within a mile and a half. We are about a 5 minute walk from the Iron Horse Trail which is fabulous for walking, jogging, and (we would love to be) biking. And the Oakland Temple is about 25 minutes away without traffic.

I am getting to know the WC area more and more as I run more and more errands. It feels good to be familiar with the area, make connections as to where things are located, and to know where I am going when I drive around. I have made about 20 trips to Target in the past two months, but I don't mind because a) I love Target, and b) the Target here has an escalator for people and a separate escalator for shopping carts to help transport you between the store and the underground parking. For a Merced girl like me, I think it's pretty sweet.

The ward we have moved into is wonderful. Everyone is so friendly and we feel like we belong already.

Ben is enjoying work. He is pretty darn awesome, if you ask me. I am still looking for work. I had a bit of good luck last week which then turned into bad luck, so I am back on the hunt.

Okay - who's ready for a lot of pictures?! Here is our apartment!






























5 comments:

Allison said...

I love those pillows! And is your washer/dryer outside? I'm so glad I'm not the only one. Haha

Tiffany said...

What an awesome place!! I love it! Living the high life now with a washer and dryer. :) you're such a great decorator.

Joanna said...

What a perfect little apartment! I want to come live your life with you!

Randy said...

Sandra and I are sure proud of the two of you. Your apartment looks wonderful and having been in Walnut Creek two years ago for a week during your wedding, I love the town. Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Randy

Kristi said...

your apartment looks great! i laughed because we have the same couches! we bought them after we graduated from BYU too! they are super comfy and we have loved them! :)