Thursday, March 22, 2012

employed at last

Yes . . the rumors are true . . I have a job! And not only that, I have a job that I am going to love!

After applying for 26 + jobs (I've lost count) and submitting just as many resumes . .
After 7 + interviews (I've lost count again) during which I have honed my interview skills . .

I have been hired by a great company called Carlton Senior Living and I will be working at the perfect location for me called Chateau at Poet's Corner! If you so desire, you can read about them here and here.

During my internship in Provo I fell in love with working in the Enhanced Care Unit for those with Alzheimer's/Dementia. Chateau at Poet's Corner is a location particularly for those with such struggles. I will be working with the activities on Saturday's and I will be the one in charge of planning and conducting those activities! This is perfect because my "career goal" is to be an activities director specifically for those with Alzheimer's/Dementia. During my interviews, the activity director even offered to train me in the duties of an activities director. I will probably build up more hours doing activities during the week the longer I work.

I will also work as the Director of First Impressions, a.k.a. the front desk receptionist on-call and in the dining room when needed. As I continue to work, my hours per week will build up and I will get to experience different aspects of the community. There will also be opportunities for me to work in the other Carlton Senior Living Communities.

I am so excited! And, a total plus, is that work is 1.1 mile away from our apartment! Awesome.

Very blessed and very excited!


4 comments:

Catie said...

What a great feeling Karin! I am so happy for you!

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

Congrats! You'll be so great!

Kristi said...

YES! Way to go!

vocalise said...

This is really wonderful, Karin. Happy for you!