Tuesday, July 26, 2011

travels

Last Friday, Mom, Doug, & Emily came over to the city to visit me/see our apartment and to go to the California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park - basically an animal museum. We had a grand old time. My favorite thing to see was the penguins. They are hilarious animals. The Academy also had an albino crocodile. Poor guy.


On Saturday, Ben and I took another City Guides tour - this time of the west end of Golden Gate Park. Beautiful! And a lot more G-rated. Then we drove to Emeryville - our location of choice for residence when we return to the Bay Area in January. It warmer, it's sunnier, it's cheaper, it's suburbanier, and its immediately across the Bay from San Fran so Ben's work commute would actually be shorter than it is now. We checked out several different apartment complexes and we hope to call one of them home in the near future!

Then we went to dinner at Zachary's Chicago Pizza. Ben has been hearing all about this place at work, so we were stoked. Is this slice of pizza seriously not ridiculous?



Ben is in Texas again this week and next week he will be traveling to Orlando for some sort of closing intern conference. (Who chose this traveling career?!) Fortunately, he will be back in town this weekend because I am turning the big 2-2!!

I am home with my family while Ben is away - what a blessing it is - and I am studying for my MCom 320 Independent Study final exam! I have been working on this class for over a year and on Thursday, I will finally be finished! Definitely a cause for celebration! Wahoo! :)

No comments: