Last night, I met Ben downtown after work so that we could go explore Chinatown. It was awesome. We got dinner at Brandy Ho's and, of course, all of the waiters/waitresses loved that Ben could speak to them in perfect Cantonese!
After dinner we walked around some more and got two of Ben's (and now mine) favorite Chinese pastries - a cocktail bun & pineapple bread. Then we both got a little cranky and it was time to go home. Ha.
Today, we explored beautiful Sausalito! Clearly, we only take pictures when we are eating, but we did more than that - I promise. Sausalito is so cute. We decided that it is where we would like to live for . . . well, forever. The shops are so fun - we especially loved "The Holiday Shoppe" which had nothing but Christmas decorations - it was great. Also, Ben and I, as per usual, got lost looking for a certain street - but we are so glad we did! We got to enjoy a gorgeous neighborhood stroll!
For lunch, we went to a restaurant called "Hamburgers." It really reminded me of "The Soup Nazi" - a Seinfeld favorite. We enjoyed our grub in a delightful little park.
Ben said that this particular happenstance was blog-worthy so I will tell you: When I ordered, I wanted a hot dog so that is what I ordered. But a couple of minutes later, they hollered "Number 5 - We're out of hotdogs!" Well, secretly, I had been wishing that I had ordered a hamburger and I got to change my order - perfect!
After lunch, we shared an ice cream cone and enjoyed the view of the bay. The man who took this picture - his wife goes to Nanjing University - the same place that Ben studied in China when we were dating!
We had a great day! Sitting and enjoying the view and the ice cream, I told Ben that this is one of the moments that I would like to capture and keep forever.

3 comments:
So fun! It looks like a beautiful sunny day. Clark and I love Sausalito, on our honeymoon we rode a tandem bike there...it was a great ride for me and little excruciating for Clark! HA!
How fun! We still haven't ventured out to Sausalito, but it is definitely on my to do list before we leave :)
Fun! But was it as good as saigon cafe? :-)
Post a Comment