Thursday, July 14, 2011

dancing sisters

As many of you know, I love ballet. I love Merced Academy of Dance, Miss Jane, and everything that comes with it . . . except maybe the bloody toes. The third floor studio downtown feels like a second home to me and I love to visit the studio and the girls whenever I am in town. Today was registration day for the next school year of ballet classes and I happen to be in town so, of course, I happily volunteered myself to help out. I loved seeing all of the girls, all of the other teachers, and all of the parents, but my favorite moment of all was when Emily came in with Mom to register! Who knows how long she'll stick with it - she's much more of a tomboy than me and we don't have to have the exact same life to be best sisters - but I absolutely loved helping her pick out her first pink leotard, pink skirt, pink tights, and ballet shoes!! I know that it is probably silly how much ballet and Merced Academy of Dance mean to me - but it was so fun to pass it on to my little sister! Love, love, loved it!

Here she is trying on her first pair of ballet shoes! (I had to document this exciting event.)


I was still helping out at registration, but Mom texted me this picture about as soon as they got home! It's perfect in every way.


Emily has been all smiles this evening - and so have I - and I couldn't help but be tickled as she danced around the room while we were watching So You Think You Can Dance tonight. :)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

It's not silly! You put so much time into dancing. Just wait until it's your own daughter that you're putting dance slippers on... :) Kate and Sara will both be doing ballet this fall. You'll have to come watch a Christmas recital or two!! Love ya!

vocalise said...

So sweet.