There are a lot of really good things about my job, and quite a few not-so-good things . . one of them being no vacation days and another being any time the residents are sick, I get sick too (I am just now recovering from two days with the flu)! BUT, I managed to smile/beg/coax my way into getting three days off for Christmas and we just had a splendid time with my family in Merced!
For our Christmas presents to each other, Ben and I bought tickets to see the San Francisco Ballet's Nutcracker. It was awesome, if I do say so myself!
It was my parents' turn to host the Rowan Family Christmas Eve party and Ben and I were in charge of games.
| Aunt Ellen won this Willie Mays "The Catch" Christmas ornament and Uncle Creed was so happy. The game was "Who Can Name the Most Christmas Songs in Two Minutes" and Aunt Ellen was a shoe-in. |
The next game was two teams against each other in a race to unwrap all the Hershey's Kisses first . . while wearing mittens.
Then we played "Throw the Marshmallows Through the Christmas Wreath" and whoever got the most through in 30 seconds won. Good times.
The usual "program."
| Tommy wrote a *very lengthy* poem about his favorite soccer team - Manchester United. It was hilarious. |
| Ty played the bagpipes. Did you have that at your Christmas party? |
| Grandma read from Luke 2. |
Then it was time for presents. All the ladies received stained-glass pendants hand-made by Grandpa.
| Christmas 2012 |
Christmas morning - I think we set a new *late* record with 8:00 AM.
| Mom & Dad both bought each other new sheets. |
| Traditional Nerf guns in the stockings. |
| Emily bought everyone a present at the "Secret Santa Store" at her school. Dad got a new tool set! It was tender. |
| I got Ben this Colts Huddler. No, not Snuggie, Huddler. |
| My adorable new apron from Randy & Sandra. |
We got to Skype with Elder Rowan, all the way from Pascagoula, Mississippi. He's doing great, folks!
Before we drove back to Walnut Creek, I wanted to go "shopping" at Grandpa's Glass Shed and pick out a few more pendants. Pretty awesome, huh?
~
The day after Christmas, my old roomie, Mckenna, had her wedding open house just down the freeway. She looked totally gorg and it was awesome to see her and Joanna/Jack/new baby Molly! Sometimes I wish my roommates and I could all live together again for just one week and it would be so much fun. ... But then I remember how I got annoyed by them and I'm glad we are happily married, living with our husbands, and still great friends! ;)

3 comments:
So jealous about the nutcracker! So fun that you went. Lol about the roommates and living together for a week. Wish you had a reason to come back to Utah!
Thanks for sharing these Christmas photos. I'm so glad you and Ben had a wonderful Christmas with the whole Rowan family in Merced. It looked joyous. Great job with the games on Christmas Eve!
Love it. You are so stylish with your Christmas Eve outfit!!
Post a Comment