Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sideburns & Such

Yes, my Facebook status is true.  The other night, I did remove part of Ben's right sideburn.  Ben gets his haircut every so often at SuperCuts or wherever, but in between when he still likes the top but feels sheepish about the back and the sides, he has me give him a little trim.  This is not the first time something has gone wrong.  Once, I cut what looked like an elf ear shape into his hair over just one ear.  Unfortunately, it would have just been worse if I did it to the other side.

This time, I was doing a great job.  I was feeling proud and confident . . but those feelings always come before the fall, don't they . . ?  When I got to the last part, his right sideburn, I got a little "loose" with my handling of the clippers and I slashed a horizontal space in the middle of his sideburn.  We then had to shorten it; it was just too bad to let it be and hope no one would notice.  Fortunately, this time we could fix the other side to match and it's not horrible.  Buutttt . . it was pretty bad.  I'm not sure I'll be trimming his hair anymore.

In other news . . 

Mom came up last weekend.  Have I mentioned that I love living 2 hours away from my family?  It rocks!

&

The other day I was just filled with the joy that living the Gospel brings.  So much so that I wanted to blog about it!  I don't normally blog about things like that . . but the Church has been making a big push in the last few years about sharing the Gospel and our testimonies using technology and social media, so I guess I should.  Except that I'm pretty sure that the only people who read my blog are already LDS . . 

&

I think THIS is pretty awesome:


Do you think I could get matching pointe shoes?



2 comments:

MollyJae said...

Please post a picture of Ben's new sideburn trim.

Catie said...

I HATE cutting Michael's hair. It is so stressful. Once while we were dating, it took me 2 hours to do a little trim, and we ended up having Camille fix it. Oy! Good thing he still married me.