Friday, October 28, 2011

friday favorites

1. I learned something new about Ben this week - he does not feel comfortable when the TV volume is on a prime number.

2. One of our activities at the Courtyard at Jamestown this week was "Quotes, Jokes, & Root Beer Floats." After serving everyone a root beer float, I read them jokes for thirty minutes. My favorite one was "You know you're getting old when . . . you get the dreaded furniture disease - your chest falls into your drawers."

3. Ben & I visited the Tamale Lady this week for $1 tamales - I ordered "uno pork, uno cheese, and three chicken." Now I wish I had taken Spanish in high school.

4. We took Ashley's cute kids (2 years and 4 months) to the Smurf movie last night and learned that we are probably better off sticking to Uncle Ben & Aunt Karin for now.

5. I've started wearing winter jackets this week and in each one I've put on, I've found at least one partially used kleenex. Welcome to my life!


A new blog tradition? Friday Favorites? We'll see how it goes. :)

2 comments:

Ben Van Noy said...

Love. it. Love. you. guys.

Unknown said...

I love it too! I love the Myers' blog updates! PS I think Baby liked it too, because he has been kicking me really hard since I read it! :-)