Tuesday, February 15, 2011

v-day

Well goodness - Ben and I had just about the darn best Valentine's Day ever! Why don't I tell you about it?

What holiday would be complete without festive toe nails? Answer: none! So, during our most recent visit to the Patterson's for Sunday dinner, I had Claire demonstrate her skill on my toes!


Yesterday, Ben drove me to campus as a V-day treat, and when I came home, this lovely display was on the kitchen table! Precious and yummy, no?!


After busy and productive afternoons, I picked him up from campus and we went to Olive Garden!

It was rather crowded and the we had to wait a while . . . (no doubt very worth it)


We are a pretty particular couple; we know what we want! We both ordered Parmesan Chicken, but instead of spaghetti, we had Fettuccine Alfredo on the side. And we asked that our food be delivered after we had time to eat and enjoy our salad and bread sticks. Hey now, we don't want to be rushed!


When we got home, it was time for Ben's surprise. I sent him on a little scavenger hunt through our apartment. This is the first clue, it says: If you want something sweet and fruity, first look near the place where you go TOOTy! (My day is never complete without a little bathroom humor!)


Inside the toilet, it said "Now go to the place where, when tired and fed, you like to lay down and rest your sweet head."


That clue sent him to the inside of his pillow case where he found: "What? Still no treat?! Look under the place where we rest our feet!"

Which sent him to the underneath of the coffee (I mean, hot chocolate) table, where he read: "We're here at BYU where we mold our brains like silly putty - your next stop is the place we call 'the study'!"

Once he discovered the hidden heart there, he read: "A big, red bag full of lots of small pieces - almost there! Where do you go when you have lots of sneezes??"

On the tissue box was: "If this treat is what you think, you just might find it under the sink!"

And then under the kitchen sink, buried in all 1,000 of our old grocery bags, was a huge bag of Skittles!

Then it was time to decorate cookies! Doesn't this look like a happy table?



Happy Valentine's Day!! :)

6 comments:

Kelly said...

You guys are professional cookie decorators! Does your hair keep getting shorter?

Randy said...

Karin, life will never be dull with you. You are so creative. You and Ben look so happy. It is always good to see you both smiling.

Randy

MollyJae said...

How fun! Did you use Aunt Marie's cookie recipe? You are the master of self portraits, I can never hold the camera in the right place to get my full face in the picture.

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

fUN!

Randy said...

You're right - what a great valentines day! Karin, you are so clever to make that scavenger hunt complete with rhyming clues. Life with you is never ordinary - you always think of ways to make life extra fun. You go, girl!

Sandra

Lucy said...

I am laughing because Jay came home with a dozen of nearly dead roses and a card he hadn't signed yet. Ah well...it's all about the love:)

Love your cute poetry.