Wow. A lot has happened since I last blogged. Where to start . . .
two weekends ago
On Friday, Ben and I went to BYU's World of Dance. It was so fabulous. The ballerinas were beautiful and the ballroom dances were so fun, but the funniest dance was performed by dancEnsemble, the modern company. The boys came out in tuxedos and the girls in red dresses . . . except the girls were dolls attached to razor scooters and all of the dancing was actually scooting. The audience was rolling. How I love BYU.
On Saturday, Ben and I had a 3 month anniversary breakfast of muffins, scrambled eggs, and fruit smoothies! Then, we hosted Blue & Sami, Tigger & Jackie, DJ, Laurel, & Kipp for the BYU game and popcorn. The boys enjoyed halftime football in the mud while the girls chatted inside. Unfortunately, we lost and all the girls fell asleep during the 4th quarter.
last week
Last week was so busy!
On Tuesday, Ben had a recruiting dinner with PricewaterhouseCoopers, a.k.a. PWC, and I was invited to attend as a spouse. How exciting. We got all dressed up in our "business casual" (whatever that means) gear and headed over to the Hinckley building, a.k.a. where we got engaged. From 5:45-6:15, it was networking - standing around feeling awkward and occasionally talking to someone. From 6:15-7:30 there were breakout sessions; Ben went to the Financial Instruments and Credit Group info meeting, and I attended the "spouse panel!" All of the wives got to ask questions of PWC wives for an hour - things like "How often will I really see my husband?" or "What are your maternity benefits?" haha. Then we met back in the Assembly Hall, the Myers Family sitting at Table 28 and had a September Thanksgiving feast, complete with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie! We participated in lots of chatting and lots of schmoozing and called it a night at 9! The next day Ben had his interview and we will hear back soon.
On Thursday, Ben had another recruiting dinner, this time with Ernst & Young. It was in the Grand Ballroom of the Provo Marriott and it was a lot more laid back. When we first arrived, all of the girls were handed a yellow rose and the boys were presented with a brand new, all-in-one tool set! Haha. Then we took our seats at Table 51, played some sort of get-to-know the company game, and then munched on a half yummy, half weird dinner. (Bacon-wrapped steak and shrimp on a stick? Gross.) We participated in lots more chatting and lots more
schmoozing at came home promptly at 8! Ben, again, had another interview the next day. He has been working so hard on preparing for these interviews. I am so proud of him!
Here we are after the first dinner with our name tags!
Oh, I forgot, Wednesday night, Da Ducks had their second flag football game, this time, finishing with a win! Wa-hoo! Ben, as always, looked fabulous. At least to me. :)
last weekend
What a fun and busy weekend! Friday afternoon, Ben & I took a trip to the wondrous world known as Ikea to purchase some wood picture frames I'm going to paint for our apartment. We dined on yummy pizza at The Pie and then drove the rest of the way to SLC for a Paris reunion at the Patterson's. It was so fun to see Kate, Andrew, James, and Allison and her husband. While we were there, the Patterson's niece painted a French fleur de lis on my toes! Check it out!
On Saturday, Ben & I met Mom & G-ma Karen at Kneaders for a very filling brunch. That afternoon, Mom, G-ma, Peggy, Kelly, and I went to Salt Lake for the General Relief Society Meeting. Of course, before the broadcast, we had dinner at my favorite French restaurant, Gourmandise. I was a happy camper when they had all three of my favorite desserts - Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Cake, Pain au Chocolat, and French Macarons! No doubt, I got all three. :)
(We wanted to keep them fresh for Sunday breakfast, but they didn't both fit in one container. Haha!)
Mom came to our ward on Sunday and I taught Relief Society! I am going to love my new calling as Relief Society Instructor. I have all of the "Teachings For Our Times" Sundays and this month we talked about "Using Good Judgment & Not Judging Others" and "When the Lord Commands." It went great! Then we treated Mom to our favorite homemade dish - Parmesan Chicken - and took her to the airport!
my bicep
I also need to point out this picture. I was looking through our wedding photos the other day and check out my left bicep! I guess all of my pre-wedding work outs actually worked!

the moth
I also need to tell you about the moth because I think it's hilarious. The first week that Ben & I were in this new apartment, there was this huge, nasty fly buzzing around. One night as I was washing my face, I felt something on my head. I looked up and into the mirror and saw something big and black. I let out the most blood-curdling scream anyone has ever heard (Seriously, Dad.); it hurt my throat and my heart. Ben came rushing in and I meekly said "There was a fly . . ." as it flew away. Well, our pantry is big and dark and it kind of freaks me out. Usually I turn on the light inside before I even open the door. One night last week, I went in just to grab a water bottle and I didn't pre-turn on the light. When I opened the door, something big and dark flew (fluttered) around and then flew straight at me! Again, a blood-curdling scream. This time it was a meek "There was a moth . . ." Well, the little booger was un-smashable and he plagued our house with his nastiness for several days. Every time we saw him I would tell Ben to try to kill him or I would try to shew him out the door. Every time, unsuccessful. Well, a couple of nights ago, I was sitting in bed and I reached over to put my chapstick back in the drawer and guess who was sitting right in the middle of my night stand?! Mr. Booger Moth! Ben squashed him and he is now resting peacefully in the trash can. :)
Until next time, folks . . . have a great day! :)

5 comments:
Loved the update. Brad got to do all of those dinners and interviews too- two years ago. He is working for Ernst & Young out in Chicago. He did the Macc. What is Ben doing? Brad would be happy to answer any questions (more honestly than a recruiter) he may have. I'm sure the interviews have gone great- good luck!
Karin, what a fabulous update. I appreciate all the details. You'll have to tell me more about the dance event when we skype. I continue to be impressed that you fill your life with fun and interesting things. Good for you!
Sandra
i wish i was a rs teacher! that's the best calling ever!
Thank you for a great weekend. I loved your lesson the most! So great to hear your testimony. The food was fabulous - all of it. Do send the chicken recipe and I'll be walking off all those desserts this week. Love you tons. Congrats to Ben for the interviews. I know we love talking to him - so I'm sure he did well. Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving.
Great update Karin. Kate and I can't wait to see you this week. I liked how the fleur de lis toenails made the blog! Claire did a great job. It was so fun to have a Paris study abroad group get together.
Jeanene
Post a Comment