When we were still in the hospital, two days after Jacob was born, my Grandpa Rowan died. I knew that it was coming and I had had a chance to say goodbye, but it still has been so sad for me. Grandpa has been a source of love and encouragement my whole life. He has always been involved in the details of my life, from ballet to boys, he knew it all. What an example of pure and righteous living, he has been.
It breaks my heart that he did not get to meet Jacob here on this earth. Grandpa was so supportive during our journey to conceive and during my difficult pregnancy. When I was so sick and had lost so much weight, he bought me 2 pounds of California Brittle from See's Candies! I often think, "Oh, I need to tell Grandpa this . . " and then I realize that I can't. Whenever Jake is looking at nothing that I can see but is smiling, I ask him if he's smiling at Great Grandpa Rowan.
My fave selfie with Grandpa
Near the end of his life
Grandma meeting Jakey for the first time
Cuddles with Great Grandma Rowan
Visiting Grandpa's grave
In July, we had a Rowan Family Reunion themed Rowan United. It was so wonderful to be with everyone together as a family. I know that we all missed Grandpa! I'm so proud to be a Rowan.

1 comment:
I often think that too.... " let's call Grandpa"--- but I just hope (and know) he is still paying attention to the details of our lives, just from a different perspective. I'm so proud to be a Rowan too and so happy I got to spend time with you and Jacob while we were home!
Post a Comment