My peeps, that is.
For example . .
The other day we were playing a game where I say the beginning of a popular phrase and the residents, as a group, finish it. Things like "Practice makes _________" (perfect), or "A friend in need is __________" (a friend indeed). Lots of good old ones I've never heard before and that I can't think of right now.
One of them is "Time is _________." The answers are "the best healer" and "of the essence."
We have one resident who is tiny, so cute, and from the east, with a thick eastern accent. She is from a town called "Cutler" but according to her she is from "CUTluh." She answered "Time is _______" with the word "skass." I'm thinkin "Skass? Time is skass? What the heck?!" I repeated it back to her and she said, "Yeah, time is skass!" I said "Oohhh, okayy" and moved on. Then one of the managers came into the room just to listen in and I said "Hey, listen to this - I just learned that 'time is skass' . . ?" She said it a couple of times and thought about it and then said "Scarce! Time is scarce!"
That gave us a good laugh.
Yesterday we were talking about travel and I asked the residents to think back to the first time they took an airplane. I'm not allowed to say "Do you remember?" but I wanted them to think about it.
I asked one gentleman where he flew the first time he took an airplane trip and he said "TO THE AIRPORT!!" Oh dear goodness he thought he was so funny! We all did. Another good laugh.
They are hilarious.

4 comments:
Good ones...:)
Ok so I think my favorite part of that is how you, to cover yourself, said, "Ohhhh, Okay".... nice. I've pulled that one a few times with some clients. It's better then to see their face crushed cus you're totally not getting it. Haha. Oh, and the fact that you can't ask them if they remember something. HA! that's amazing.
Your peeps are funny. I'm constantly impressed with the things you think of to keep them engaged. Well done!
That's funny. Our service day got cancelled, but if we get asked again, I'll hit you up again for an activity! Have fun!
Post a Comment