Thursday, April 2, 2015

Spring Break in Merced

It was so nice for Ben to have a break from school in between quarters, to get away from LA for a little while, and spend some time with my family in Merced.


Mom hosted a lovely little luncheon for some ladies in the ward, Baby, and me.



Ben competed in the Pacheco Triathlon and won the whole thing!  But . . the race was a fundraiser for a high school's swim & water polo teams so they were trying to save money and gave out the unclaimed trophies from last year.  Ben was the overall champion . . and his trophy says "Second Place."  Classic!


I love this picture.  I never have pictures of me at Ben's races, but Scott took this of me cheering for Ben at the start - I totally love cheering him on.



High five!







The very exciting "finish line."


And then Ben looked up at Scott & me and said "Did I win?"  Yes!





Ben, Dad, & Tom all have March birthdays so we celebrated with some yummy cake & ice cream.


After the birthday boys sang themselves a lovely rendition of "Happy Birthday" . . 


And blew out their candles.  So cute, guys.


On Dad's actual birthday, Team RM Cycling went for a ride.



While we were in Merced I got to spend some really beautiful time with Grandma & Grandpa Rowan.  I grew up about a mile from them and they are such a big part of my life.




And, I just thought this rose and this sunset were particularly pretty.  Thanks, Merced!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Karin! I miss you. And Ben's races always look fun. Fun to watch at least ;)