Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Baby Timeline, Part 4

February 16th: Presidents' Day beach day!


I have totally been asked if I'm pregnant when wearing this cover-up before.  Glad to make it official.
February 18th: Hospital Birthplace Tour!  I think I left with more questions about birth than I had coming in.  Uh-oh.

February 25th: OB appointment at 29w4d and I gained 2.8 pounds since my last appointment!  Basic appointment . . questions/concerns/update on medications (I'm only taking Zofran as I need it now!), listen to Baby's heartbeat, blood draw to check Iron levels.  I still didn't have the ultrasound I've been expecting, but they scheduled it!  Instead of having it at the OB clinic, I'm going to have it at the Fetal Diagnostics Unit in the hospital next week.  I also met with the dietitian and basically I'm doing fine!  Also I'm a carrier of Group B Strep, so I'm curious to find out how that will work during labor and delivery.

February 28th: Cleaned out and cleaned up, getting Ben's study room ready to be half-nursery, half-study, and I built the crib!

March 1st: 30 weeks pregnant!


March 5th: I had my appointment at the Fetal Diagnostics Unit today for a partial anatomy re-scan.  The calcium spot (EIF) on Baby's heart is gone!  The doctor said his heart is beautiful.  :)  His growth is in the 50th percentile.  Baby's kidneys are still dilated (filled with fluid) more than what is considered normal.  This means that somewhere in the kidney system there is a blockage or something else wrong.  I go back in a month for a follow-up of the pyelectasis and Baby's growth.  In the meantime, the doctor suggested that we meet with a pediatric nephrologist to get an idea of what to expect should the pyelectasis not resolve before birth.

March 7th: Beach day with some of the other LDS MBA students and families.
Being pregnant is a totally legit time to wear a bikini, just if you're wondering what I'm thinking!  ;)




March 11th: OB appointment at 31 week 3 days.  Things are looking just fine!  I gained a couple more pounds and my fundal height is measuring right on!  We discussed all of my questions/concerns: what to do about being GBS positive, pains I've been having, the cervical polyps they found on an ultrasound, and the Braxton Hicks which have now made themselves very present in my life!  All in all, things are progressing just as they should be!

March 15th: I reached the 32 week mark!  Things are starting to get real.  Eight weeks left until my due date.  We are pretty decided on a name.  Mostly I just really, really, really love this little boy growing inside of me.  :)


1 comment:

Sandra said...

I'm happy to have this update. I'm so excited for you and Ben!