April 6th: Antenatal testing. Baby is a champ. Great amniotic fluid, great heartbeat tracing. I love getting to see him twice each week!
April 8th: OB appointment at 35 weeks 4 days, and I gained 3.7 lbs in the last 2 weeks and my fundal height is measuring 37 cm! I am definitely making up for lost time! Everything is looking good - just starting to discuss plans for the upcoming weeks and preparation for delivery.
We are half-way through our birthing classes!
April 9th: Antenatal testing and everything looks great!
April 10th: I wake up in the middle of the night sick, sick, sick! We call L&D and they have me come in for fluids and monitoring. I got a new anti-nausea med and they let me go when I was able to keep down fluids. Then I slept almost every single hour for the next two days.
We are due in one month!
April 12th: I reach 36 weeks!
April 13th: Antenatal testing. Looking fab! Which is reassuring because I am still feeling way, way sick. No more "gory details" but I am so weak and tired and shakey and light-headed and nauseas. This stomach bug has really knocked me out. :/
April 15th: OB appointment at 36 weeks 4 days, and I lost 2.7 lbs this week from being so sick! No good! But things are looking great besides that. Now I have OB appointments weekly.
Birthing class #4.
April 16th: Antenatal testing. Fluid is good - I'm so grateful because I have been so dehydrated from being sick. I was on the heartbeat & uterine activity monitors for an hour, though, instead of the normal 20 minutes. Baby needs to have 4 heartbeat accelerations to pass the test and he decided to take a nap! Then, he woke up and was really active so we had to wait for him to calm down! Cute boy. I think my body is getting ready for labor, though, because my uterine activity was non-stop, and I could feel it!
April 17th: Ben & I met with the Pediatric Urologist for a consultation today. I was hoping for more of an idea of what will happen in the future (to help us plan our summer locations and summer health insurance), but it truly is a wait-and-see game.
Right after birth, as in while we're still in the hospital, Baby will have an ultrasound to determine, more exactly, where the problem lies.
He will also have a procedure right after birth called a VCUG (voiding cystourethrogram) where a catheter is entered and a radiocontrast agent is used to look at anatomy and activity in the bladder in real-time x-ray.
About 6 weeks after birth, Baby will have one of two procedures, whichever the doctor decides is best. 1) A MAG 3 Lasix Renal Scan, where a radiocontrast agent is used again, but is inserted through an IV, and pictures are taken to look for kidney function, size, shape, position, and blockage of urinary flow. 2) A CT Urogram, where a radiocontrast agent is again inserted through an IV and through x-ray the kidneys, ureters, and bladder are examined.
It's all very confusing. It was confirmed today that both kidneys have moderate dilation and the right ureter is dilated. Based on the amount of dilation (Baby is pretty low on the "problem" scale), there is a small chance that he will need surgery, and that would happen about 6 months after birth. If no surgery is needed, Baby will need an ultrasound every 3 months for at least the first year. Then we will just see how it is going.
It makes me sad that our tiny, sweet baby will need to have these procedures done. But, I am so grateful for Medi-Cal and good medical care! This little boy sure is loved!!
I have one more kidney-specific ultrasound for a final assessment before birth next week.
Also today, Ben & I went to Costco and did some major stocking up and nesting! I do believe that we have enough toilet paper and paper towels and Lysol wipes and dishwasher soap to last us a lonnng time. We also stocked up on freezer meals for the next few weeks when I am really tired and for after birth!
April 18th: Lots of nesting going on here! Getting cleaned up and organized . . yet my to-do list keeps growing? We are surely getting excited!
If you think I've had a lot of appointments, take a look at our April calendar. Almost every thing on here is some sort of appointment, whether it's antenatal testing, OB, primary care doctor, kidney visit, birth class . . It helps the time pass quickly to be busy like this so I don't mind.
April 8th: OB appointment at 35 weeks 4 days, and I gained 3.7 lbs in the last 2 weeks and my fundal height is measuring 37 cm! I am definitely making up for lost time! Everything is looking good - just starting to discuss plans for the upcoming weeks and preparation for delivery.
We are half-way through our birthing classes!
April 9th: Antenatal testing and everything looks great!
April 10th: I wake up in the middle of the night sick, sick, sick! We call L&D and they have me come in for fluids and monitoring. I got a new anti-nausea med and they let me go when I was able to keep down fluids. Then I slept almost every single hour for the next two days.
We are due in one month!
April 12th: I reach 36 weeks!
April 13th: Antenatal testing. Looking fab! Which is reassuring because I am still feeling way, way sick. No more "gory details" but I am so weak and tired and shakey and light-headed and nauseas. This stomach bug has really knocked me out. :/
April 15th: OB appointment at 36 weeks 4 days, and I lost 2.7 lbs this week from being so sick! No good! But things are looking great besides that. Now I have OB appointments weekly.
Birthing class #4.
April 16th: Antenatal testing. Fluid is good - I'm so grateful because I have been so dehydrated from being sick. I was on the heartbeat & uterine activity monitors for an hour, though, instead of the normal 20 minutes. Baby needs to have 4 heartbeat accelerations to pass the test and he decided to take a nap! Then, he woke up and was really active so we had to wait for him to calm down! Cute boy. I think my body is getting ready for labor, though, because my uterine activity was non-stop, and I could feel it!
April 17th: Ben & I met with the Pediatric Urologist for a consultation today. I was hoping for more of an idea of what will happen in the future (to help us plan our summer locations and summer health insurance), but it truly is a wait-and-see game.
Right after birth, as in while we're still in the hospital, Baby will have an ultrasound to determine, more exactly, where the problem lies.
He will also have a procedure right after birth called a VCUG (voiding cystourethrogram) where a catheter is entered and a radiocontrast agent is used to look at anatomy and activity in the bladder in real-time x-ray.
About 6 weeks after birth, Baby will have one of two procedures, whichever the doctor decides is best. 1) A MAG 3 Lasix Renal Scan, where a radiocontrast agent is used again, but is inserted through an IV, and pictures are taken to look for kidney function, size, shape, position, and blockage of urinary flow. 2) A CT Urogram, where a radiocontrast agent is again inserted through an IV and through x-ray the kidneys, ureters, and bladder are examined.
It's all very confusing. It was confirmed today that both kidneys have moderate dilation and the right ureter is dilated. Based on the amount of dilation (Baby is pretty low on the "problem" scale), there is a small chance that he will need surgery, and that would happen about 6 months after birth. If no surgery is needed, Baby will need an ultrasound every 3 months for at least the first year. Then we will just see how it is going.
It makes me sad that our tiny, sweet baby will need to have these procedures done. But, I am so grateful for Medi-Cal and good medical care! This little boy sure is loved!!
I have one more kidney-specific ultrasound for a final assessment before birth next week.
Also today, Ben & I went to Costco and did some major stocking up and nesting! I do believe that we have enough toilet paper and paper towels and Lysol wipes and dishwasher soap to last us a lonnng time. We also stocked up on freezer meals for the next few weeks when I am really tired and for after birth!
April 18th: Lots of nesting going on here! Getting cleaned up and organized . . yet my to-do list keeps growing? We are surely getting excited!
If you think I've had a lot of appointments, take a look at our April calendar. Almost every thing on here is some sort of appointment, whether it's antenatal testing, OB, primary care doctor, kidney visit, birth class . . It helps the time pass quickly to be busy like this so I don't mind.

1 comment:
This post was a good review of things you have told me on the phone. I am super excited for the two of you....and for me, too. I can't wait to meet this precious baby
Post a Comment