Tuesday, October 1, 2013

lately in september

Sooo, even though I may have quit my job at the end of August, September was a busy month!  I had jury duty for three drudgerous days, I've had lots of doctors appointments because my body (for which I am grateful) is often a silly thing, and then we spent a weekend down the coast at Ben's (totes impressive) triathlon.  Later in September I had some time for myself and I made this way cute wreath.  I'm totally proud of myself.  Every time I come home to this door I smile.


I also tried my hand at flower arranging.  Unfortunately it was for a funeral I was helping with, but it was neat to (kind of) learn a new skill, order flowers in bulk like a real florist, and spend an afternoon working on the arrangements.


Now I'm working with some puff paint and some pumpkins for my next craft and I'm excited. 

I also signed up for ballet classes!  Hahaha ohhhhmygoodnessss - I took my first class in 4 years on Saturday and I am still SO SORE.  I told Ben that after the second exercise my quads were quivering and I couldn't make them stop.  Then he asked me how many exercises there were in the whole class and when I said "like 50!" he died laughing.  I prepaid for 10 classes so I have to go back . . but I'm not sure my body can do it anymore!  I sure am not very graceful, and none of my leotards fit me.  Ha!

Ben's New Year's Resolution was to become a Yelp Elite, and he did!  You'll have to ask him what that is all about.  One of the perks of being a Yelp Elite is free admission to events throughout each month, and last week we got free tickets to the California Shakespeare Theater.  We saw Shakespeare's "The Winter's Tale" and it was totally fun - it's outside so we got to bundle up and cuddle, and the theater and surrounding area are totes gorg!


The next night my parents came up to the Bay Area and took us out to dinner and then to the San Francisco Symphony.  It was really fun and we so enjoy every time my parents come to visit us!  I love them!



 Then, I went home Sunday - Monday to babysit my siblings.  Mostly they behaved themselves and were really awesome.  ;)  They are so cute and so grown up these days!  The highlight was getting to see Tommy's final cross country meet.  He finished in first place and ended the season undefeated (so proud!!).  Here he is with his gold medal.


Things are good here in the Myers household and I honestly can't believe that it's October.  Sheesh!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I enjoyed reading about your full month of September. I love your wreath! I'm delighted that Ben had the opportunity to go to that very special concert with your parents.

Unknown said...

yay for the update!!! jealous of your craftiness! :)

Tyler and Rachael said...

Love your wreath and loved reading your updates.

Kelly said...

How didn't I know you quit your job? Love the wreath. Come visit me and we'll craft together. I have lots of wreaths I want to make!