Tuesday, August 6, 2013

the anti-climactic 24

Soo . . if you know me even just a little bit, you know that my birthday is my favorite day of the year!  All July-long at work, when I would call BINGO numbers, I would say "I-24 . . I am going to be 24 in such-and-such days.  I-24 . . I am going to be 24!"  It's a good thing those folks have dementia or else they'd be sick of me.  I really do love my birthday.  It's the gosh darn best day all year.

So . . it kind of stunk this year when I was sick!  I think I had a virus of some sort because of how my blood work panned out, and I'm feeling much better now, but on my actual birthday - boo!  So we just tried to make the best out of it!

I went to the doctor (that was funny when they confirmed my birth date at check-in) and got my blood drawn first in the day - that was not so fun!  But then, Ben and I enjoyed a delightful, yet easy on my stomach, lunch downtown at Tender Greens.  I also treated myself to a mani/pedi and watched a couple episodes of my current favorite show, Prison Break.  Have you watched it?  Watch it.  And then, after making dinner myself, we devoured a delicious cake from The Olde San Francisco Creamery!

I was sad that I didn't get to get the flowers delivered to me at work from Ben and that we didn't get to go bowling as we had planned, but I got to spend the day with my best friend, who worked from home for the day!  And really, what is better than that?  Aww.  Anywho, thanks for reading my journal-y blog post.  And happy 24th to me!


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Happy birthday! I thought of you all day as I was relaxing on the beach. :)