Wednesday, November 30, 2011

the same dilemma

This happens at the end of every semester!

I like to check things off my to-do list, I like to "get a lot done," and I like to stay away from stressful situations (i.e. lots of reading, homework, and projects at the last minute).

Thus, I am done with all of my reading and homework for the rest of the semester! I signed up to give my final presentations yesterday and today and to have my internship exit interview yesterday. I am done.

"Oh yay," you think. "Good for her," you think. No, not so. Because this happens every semester and every semester, for several weeks, I am bored out of my mind!

There is still a week and a half of classes left, plus a week of finals which for me this semester will be a breeze; I'll be done on the first day. But, Ben, like every other student in Provo, still has so much to do!

Why do I do this to myself? I always think it's going to be such a great idea and that I will love having everything done. But no. I am bored. This is my last semester, so obviously I never learned.

I've gone through my entire GoodReads To-Read list and BYU has not a single one of the books I am interested in. I have two books in our apartment and I've started both but neither grabbed my attention.

You can only watch so many episodes of Parenthood on Netflix.

You can only exercise so much.

You can only cross-stitch for so long.

I've already re-named and re-organized all of my Pinterest boards.

I need some ideas here!! Preferably of a good book . . . as good as "The Help" or "Sarah's Quilt" . . . After my run of amazing books last semester nothing seems to compare.

Ideas, anyone?

;)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

There's a sequel to Sarah's quilt. ask my mom or sister. they know the name. i really liked presiden't bush's book decision points. hmmm...come over and play with my kids...next saturday and after that is. :) work on your blog book! there you go! I could do that for hours. :)

Camille said...

Hey Karin! Have you read Gone with The Wind? It's great!

Kristi said...

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn? One of my all time favs.