Wednesday, November 9, 2011

cool

Karin Myers
Campus Hire Spouse
San Francisco

Ernst & Young
Quality in Everything We Do


This is what my name tag looked like tonight. And I am so happy about it!

Last year, EY had this same dinner to congratulation students who had been made offers for internships or jobs. We went, of course, and were excited when we saw the spread: Italian sodas and mingling to begin, then a hearty and delicious dinner, followed by dessert which consisted of a choice of three cakes plus the cupcake tree on each table. Not even a boring speech or anything! Great!

Except last year, I had a horrible random stomach ache and I felt terrible the whole time (thank you, Mr. Parasite) - I even left early . . . before dessert! I was sad. A little vindicated when Ben brought home the cupcake tree, but still sad that I had not had an enjoyable experience.

I got over it. I did. It wasn't that big of a deal, even though it may seem like it because I am writing a blog about it.

But when I heard that we were invited to the same dinner this year, I knew that I had to redeem myself! I prepared well . . . I made sure I had no chance of a stomach ache and I made sure I was hungry, but not starving to the point of a headache. I suspected the event would be similar to last years.

It was. I enjoyed my raspberry vanilla Italian soda. I devoured my mashed potatoes, pork sirloin, steamed veggies, and salad. And I relished my cupcake and chocolate/cream cheese swirl cake. In short, I redeemed myself from last years poor experience.

The best part was my name tag. Last year we hadn't officially accepted our offer so there was no "hire" on the name tag. I'm not sure it even said spouse (although I was one). But this year I got to be the spouse of a campus hire in the BAP-Advisory office in San Francisco. It just all felt so official! And cool. Mostly, I felt cool. And that is why I'm writing this blog.

Doesn't it feel cool to feel cool?

3 comments:

Ashley said...

you are too cute!

Randy said...

It is cool to feel cool. And you are already cool. What a life!

Randy

The Nielsons said...

Karin, you make me giggle. I love your posts. You are so cool and I am glad you and Ben are enjoying married life. Have a wonderful "cool" day!!!!