Today is the happiest day I have had in San Fran. In part, it is because Ben and I are headed to Merced tonight for the 4th of July weekend. But also in part because our apartment is now bed bug FREE!
This is how it came to be . . .
Our first weekend here, I started to notice red bites on my legs. Ben never got any - we say that it is because the bugs were intimidated by his leg hair, but the Terminix guy said that it is quite normal for only one person to be bit or for the other person to just not react to their bites.
Anyway, I kept noticing more bug bites. And more bug bites. And it was always in the morning . . . so we put all of our observations together and concluded that we had bed bugs! Oh, and when I was washing our bedding, I saw one! It stuck its bum in the air and burrowed down in the blanket so I couldn't get 'em. It was sick.
So, we told our landlord who is awesome and called Terminix ASAP. The inspector came on Tuesday. On Wednesday while Ben was at work, our landlord helped me move almost everything out of our apartment and then the Terminix guys came and TOOK THOSE BUGS DOWN! Something like freezing them at -140 degrees and then vacuuming them up. They did our entire apartment and our luggage. I had to be gone all afternoon because of the bug treatment so when Ben and I got home last night (after a yummy Greek dinner down town!), we moved everything back in to our apartment and washed all of our clothes and moved those back in too.
And now, I feel clean! And my body will not look like this anymore:
I don't know, but today I just woke up with so much more happiness and energy! Probably because I wasn't having my blood sucked out all night long . . WOO!
I haven't exactly been loving SF, but now I think I can give it another try. Good thing, because Ben says that I need to want to live somewhere besides Provo, UT and Carmel, IN because that is just not going to happen right now.
:)

2 comments:
hahaha, I'm so glad your bed bugs are gone! YAY! Also, you should mention State College, PA as a place to live to your husband :-) Miss you guys!
Bed bugs... that is really so gross! I am glad they're gone. You are a tough woman! Glad to hear the transition is coming along well! Miss you back here!
Post a Comment