Actually, there are no bed bugs named Joe. But Ben and I did go to an ice cream shop named Joe's last night. I met this fun girl in our ward on Sunday, Facebook-friended her and saw that she has a blog. Of course, I checked it out, and that is where I found out about Joe's Ice Cream. Someday when we're more friends than just acquaintances, we can be blog friends, but for now, I'll just read it in private. Maybe I'll find some more fun SF adventures?
Anyway, last night Ben and I got ice cream at Joe's. To make the bus that was going to take us there, we sprinted down the [steepest] hill in San Francisco. Lucky enough to snap a good picture!
Ben has "principles" about pretty much everything, and of course that includes a "principle" for going out to ice cream - to get something that you can't get from just the freezer. Totally fair, but I like my ice cream pure and simple. Ben got the works - vanilla with fudge swirls, mini M&Ms, a decorative wafer stick, and all of it in a waffle bowl.
I went for one scoop that was half classic mint chip and half maple nut. Mmm. Can't you tell that I liked it?
Then we froze whilst waiting for our buses on the way home. We were supposed to be making cold faces, but I'm not sure Ben got the memo.
And now, for the bed bugs. Do you want to hear about the bed bugs?
There are multiple things I could complain about living in this apartment . . the dirtiness . . the shower that drips constantly . . the lack of counter space . . and oven . . etc., but I'll just stick to the bed bugs for now.
I have THIRTY-ONE bug bites! I wake up with more every morning!
It is disgusting.
Does anyone know how to get rid of them? Or does anyone want to buy us a new mattress?
Do you think Ben will sleep on the futon in the living
room/kitchen with me?
This is so disgusting.

4 comments:
Gross! About the bed bugs. The ice cream sounded delicious. Seriously- I would sleep on that futon with or without my Ben if I were in your situation! Yuck!
That is SICK!!! And I was complaining about not having a tub in our little apartment. When I was in Romania the beds were often infested (I'm pretty sure I had fleas). The mission gave us Permethrin, we would spray everything down regularly and it killed everything for a while at least. Not sure where you could buy it...but it might be worth looking into?
Good luck with that.
And have fun in San Francisco...we love that city.
oh dear, all i've ever heard about bed buds is that you can't get rid of them...i wonder if putting a plastic covering over your mattress would help? We put one on when I was pregnant with Connor. I think we got ours at Bed Bath and Beyond. You may want to buy two and layer them on top of each other...maybe three would be better. Good luck!
Oh Karin! That is my fear to get bed bugs. At my internship right now they are always talking about them because people's apartments/houses we visit have them. I have heard that heat is really the only way to kill them. You can call people to come in and do it for you I think, I'm not sure how much it costs though.
Good luck!!
Post a Comment