We just spent an utterly fabulous month in Indiana!
We had so much fun hanging out and laughing with Randy and Sandra (Ben's parents), and I accomplished my goal of becoming comfortable calling them by their first names! Ha. Now I don't have to a) wait for them to make eye-contact with me before I start talking, b) start talking in their general direction and hope that they hear me, or c) start talking to the general public and if they don't hear me, pretend that I am/was talking to Ben. Ha!
We had a wonderful, wonderful month. I am so blessed to have married into such an amazing, sweet, kind, and loving family. I love my in-laws! :)
The first week that we were there, we had to hit up Bub's for dinner - it's everybody's favorite hamburger place! We couldn't handle going just one time, so of course we went back a few weeks later!
One night we got ice cream from Bub's and then strolled down the (Historic) Monon Trail. We also took a picture in front of this lovely . . . building.
We went "duck-pin bowling", too! Duck-pin bowling is miniature bowling, but for sure we had more than miniature fun!
One afternoon we walked around a cute outdoors artisan market. We came across a stand that was selling French pastries - including macarons, my fav! So decided to make our final stop that day the real pastry shop and enjoy macarons in all flavors.
We also hit the outlet malls one day, but took a small side trip to Zaharako's Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor and Diner before shopping! What fun we did have!
This is the end of the pictures I took, but we can't forget about our favorite Indiana activity . . . or, Indianactivity, if you will. Most nights, we would pop A LOT of popcorn (I'm talking 3 . . 4. . batches) on the stove - Randy and Sandra are the popcorn masters - and enjoy it with several episodes of Coach. We laughed and laughed and had a grand old time!
Our month in Indiana was a dream and we cannot wait to visit again! :)

1 comment:
that looks like so much fun! i'm so glad you guys went to King's Island! It is one of my favorite places on earth...I have dreams about it sometimes (weird). love!
Post a Comment