When Jacob was born, he wasn't breathing. There are a couple of possible reasons, though we can never be sure. But, he was stunned! After living in my warm, fluid-filled womb for 9 months, I can't blame him. This world is a scary place!
I am so grateful for the NICU team at UCLA. They were in our room for the birth because we were concerned that this would happen. They worked on Jacob in the delivery room for 8 minutes with no response and then they took him to the NICU. He was there for only about 5 or 10 minutes and then he started breathing spontaneously. Shortly he was allowed to return to me.
When Jacob came back to the delivery room, Mom got to cut the umbilical cord (they had cut it long real quickly before helping him)! Grandma cut the cord! And then we got to hold him.
Oh, how I love this sweet boy. Every day my heart is filled with so much gratitude I can hardly bear it.















1 comment:
What blessings Karin!! Thank you for sharing your story. You are so strong. I am so glad everything worked out! These pictures are priceless. What joy! Congratulations! Love you!!! :)
Post a Comment