I turned twenty-five last week. The big 2-5. The quarter century. And I am totally having mixed emotions. I don't feel like I'm in my "young twenties" any more, but I don't feel mature; and with my next birthday, am I considered in my "late twenties"?? Mostly I am just feeling like a failure for not having borne a child yet.
But, my birthday will always be my favorite day of the year! I vow that it will never be "just another day" for me!
I went to work on my birthday this year, which is against everything I believe in . . but it did allow for a beautiful flower delivery from Ben. His birthday-treatment this year really proved how well he knows me: a bouquet of flowers and a gift card to ColdStone!
After work, Ben took me out to dinner at one of my very favorite restaurants, Tender Greens. Ben doesn't care for Tender Greens all that much, but he's taken me there on my last 2 birthdays as a treat for me. I always think I'll try something new . . but I love what I get and how could I stray? Fried chicken, mashed Yukon Gold potatoes, a baby arugula salad, and a crostini, plus their amazing mint lemonade. That's what I'm talking about.
We bought an ice cream cake from our fave - The Olde San Francisco Creamery - to bring home, and we're still enjoying it 5 days later. It's the gift that keeps on giving and it is soooo good.
On Friday, I took the day off of work and Mom came up to Walnut Creek to spend the day together. We shopped til we dropped and talked until seriously we just couldn't any more. It was the best day.
| No, we did not buy a Tesla. |
Days later, my flowers are still going strong and they have opened up beautifully. I can't get enough of them!
Happy birthday to me! ;)

2 comments:
Happy Birthday to you!!! It looks like you had a great time celebrating.
Happy Birthday! Awesome flowers! And you aren't nor ever will be a failure!!
Post a Comment