My brother Scott came home from his mission on Friday! He served in the Florida Tallahassee Mission from July 11, 2012 to July 11, 2014 and spent most of his time in and around Tallahassee, FL (college campuses there); Panama City Beach, FL; Pascagoulah, MS; and Ozark, AL. The two years he was gone certainly flew by for me - I cannot believe he is home already. I am so proud of him!
| Our first family picture together again in the Fresno Airport. |
I just want it recorded what Emily wore to the airport . . ha! Ben & I gave everyone in the family socks for their birthdays this year and I brought Emily's to her while we were home this weekend. Maybe I should have waited until after the airport pick-up?? She is so funny.
Scott and Aubrey while waiting for luggage . . not hugging because he hasn't been released as a missionary yet.
After we picked Scott up from the airport, we met our stake president at the stake center by the Fresno Temple to be interviewed and released. Here is the last picture of Scott as a missionary. I think these were both pretty happy and pretty sad moments for him. Proud and grateful to have served a faithful mission . . but sad for that time to come to an end.
Welcome home, "Scott!" No longer Elder Rowan. A little teary-eyed.
The stake president's son, Kevin, and Scott became good friends their freshman year at BYU and Kevin came with his dad to see Scott. He returned from his mission the week before Scott. After Scott was released, he went over to Kevin and asked "Are you still weird?" Kevin looked at him and in the most innocent and gooberish way, shrugged and said, "I don't know!?" It was so sweet and so funny - it cracked me up!
| Kevin and Scott |
I woke up on Saturday morning and had breakfast with Grandma & Grandpa while Ben was on a bike ride. A few months ago I set Grandpa up with Instagram on his iPhone, but the small pictures are hard for him to see so he has been wanting me to set it up on his iPad. Neither of us could remember his password, but we finally got it all reset and up and running. Now Grandma & Grandpa can see all of the pictures their children and grandchildren (and even great-grandchildren) post. I think it is lots of fun for them. It sure is fun for me to spend time with them.
Tommy had a scrimmage on Saturday and we love to watch him play. It's hard to get a good picture from far away with just an iPhone.
We took a photo just like this on the day of Scott's mission farewell talk. Here is the same picture two years later, on the day of his homecoming talk.
![]() |
| Thomas (14), Doug (18), Emily (9), Molly, Matt, Karin (24), Ben (27), Scott (21) |



3 comments:
i love your blog! and am happy your bro is home safe :)
So glad someone in your family keeps us all up to date! Thx for sharing pictures!
Congratulations to Elder Rowan! What a great homecoming for your whole family. Also, giving socks for birthday gifts is a great idea. I love Emily's socks!
Post a Comment