Monday, March 10, 2014

dottie's/farmers' market/mt. diablo

We are so loving (a) me not working on Saturdays, (b) the beautiful 70-degrees-and-sunny weather, and (c) this fun place we live.  Saturday we went into San Francisco to brunch at Dottie's True Blue Cafe - a much-loved favorite for eggs, bacon, home fries, and buttermilk wholewheat pancakes spiced with ginger and cinnamon.  Mmm-hmmm!  To make the experience even lovelier, we only had to wait in line outside for 45 minutes.  After brunch we headed to the farmers' market at the Ferry Building along the Embarcadero for a couple hours.  It was fun to taste all the in-season fruits, some flower-flavored water, and nummy cheese.  We even bought a few things to bring home and add to our dinner.  You know, farm-to-tabling it.

Did I mention that it was a gorgeous day?!




We got an early start (7 am on a Saturday!), so we came home early afternoon and I took a nap while Ben went for a ride up Mt. Diablo.  My phone rang a couple hours later and it was Ben with his second flat tire of the day.  :(  He got his first, repaired it, and then got another, but didn't have any more spare tubes.  Poor guy!  So I headed up Mt. Diablo to rescue him.  It's quite the slow and windy drive, but I didn't mind one bit because with all of the rain we've been getting, the hills have finally turned green!



I love that California's state flower just blooms everywhere in the wild all over California.


And what a better way to end a wonderful Saturday than with a trip to The Olde San Francisco Creamery.  You will be surprised - it was our first trip there in 2014!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

What a fun Saturday. I can just taste Dottie's pancakes

Kelly said...

Lol. I've had to rescue Jerry once before. Tell Ben that running shoes don't get flat!