When I quit my work-on-Saturday job back in August, we thought that we would do lots of fun things on Saturdays, now that we had the day to spend together. Well, we've gone to Merced once for fun and I've gone twice to babysit, but besides that we have not done much. Granted, I have taken ballet classes on many Saturdays since then, Ben has continued to ride his bike for several hours each Saturday, and Ben has been busy working on graduate school applications. I recently decided that we really need to take advantage of this beautiful area and all that it has to offer because who knows how long we will be here! We picked a date and set it aside to do something fun together. That day was yesterday and we spent the day in Sausalito and then Rodeo Beach. What a delight. Hopefully we can keep this up and do more fun things.
First stop: Napa Valley Burger Co. This is my "Napa Junior" - junior, it was not. But tasty, it certainly was!
Last time we were in Sausalito we got ice cream cones and enjoyed the view. I suppose with it being February and all, it made sense that this time we got hot chocolate and enjoyed the view. San Francisco looked so dang good across the Bay! So clear and so splendid.
When we'd had our fill of Saus . . it's perfectly delightful but rather small . . we drove a couple of miles to outside of the Bay. Rodeo Beach. So little and cute and pretty! We watched some surfers (freezing their bums off, we assume) and then we hiked a little ways along the coast. We even saw a whale blowing its poof into the air!

3 comments:
So pretty!
I love "the whale blowing its poof into the air!" That made me laugh for some reason.
I can't believe you live in such a beautiful place. I'm glad you made a point to do something special that Saturday
Post a Comment