Tuesday, June 18, 2013

washington

I love family vacation!  Who doesn't, right?  My parents took us to Washington last week.  They spent a few days in Seattle before Ben & I got there, and then Ben & I had one day in Seattle.

Dad went to the University of Washington for dental school so we used to live in Seattle when I was a wee one.  On our day in Seattle we went to church at our old ward building and then walked around the University of Washington campus . . which was incredibly gorgeous.  Maybe Ben & I should go back to school and go there . . 





We also visited our old apartment.  In my memory, there was a park right by the apartment with this awesome maze I used to run around and ride my tricycle in.  Well, the park was there all right, but the maze was a little less than awesome.  Funny memories.



Then we went to the Chihuly Glass & Gardens museum in downtown Seattle.  That was amazing.








On Monday we took the ferry from Anacortes to San Juan Island where we spent the week.












One day we did a three-hour kayak tour.  Two hours is about my max, but it was fun.










With just a little bit left, Emily fell fast asleep.  She is so funny and so cute.


This is my new favorite family picture.


British Camp.



Vacation is great for napping.



We rented a home for the week and this was our backyard.  Spectacular!



Friday Harbor.


Cattle Point Beach.





We had a lovely week with lovely people!

7 comments:

Annie said...

Love all the Giants gear in these cute pictures. Emily napping on the kayak is a classic.

Unknown said...

Love all the pics! Looks gorgeous and fun :)

Kristi said...

Looks like so much fun! The family picture made me laugh out loud (it's making me laugh again as I think about it!)

Kelly said...

I totally remember that playground by your old apartment. I played with you a ton there. I don't remember that maze at all though! Looks fun. Emily looks so funny asleep in the kayak.

Sandra said...

What a great opportunity for you and Ben to be included in that great vacation. It looks like a gorgeous part of the country. Karin, I love your maxi skirt. :-)

Tyler and Rachael said...

Looks like such a wonderful week! Hooray for family.

Allison said...

I completely support you guys going back to school at UW. :) Again, I'm so sad I was out of town while you guys were up here! Looks like such fun though. Nick and I need to get up to the San Juans this summer, they are so beautiful!