Thursday, August 2, 2012

my 23rd

I love my birthday.  Love it, love it, love it.  I think everybody needs a day when they feel like they are the most special person in the world.  While I accept that I only have one birthday and one most special person day, I like to strrrreeettch my birthday celebration into as many days as I can.

This year we kicked off my birthday celebration on Friday with a double date to the San Francisco Creamery with the Cardinets.  We love The Creamery.


On Saturday we made my popcorn bowl (finally!) at Color Me Mine.  Ben's bowl (that we made for his birthday) has our recipe on it because he is our master popcorn chef.  My bowl has our hand prints on it and says "hands out" because I do not like to share.  ;)





On Monday when we were eating dinner, we heard a knock at the door and guess who it was!  It was Mom - totally the best birthday surprise ever!  She showed up with balloons, a banner, and a present.  So fun.  She spent the night on our couch and took me out to lunch the next day - my most-special-person day.  It was AWESOME.





After Mom left, I treated myself to a mani/pedi and then took BART into the city and did a little shopping at Anthropologie (yeeeee!).  I had a gift card all the way back from our wedding, and I picked out three new home decor items.  So exciting.

The concluding activity for my birthday celebrations was meeting Ben for dinner at one of our Chinatown favorites - House of Nanking (Remember the t-shirts?).  We ordered some new dishes - including the Fried Onion Cake on the right, which was more like a quesadilla filled with onions instead of cheese - and some old favorites like Fried Pork Dumplings.




Sooo . . I basically had the greatest day.  I was happy and excited all day because I was the most special person for one day!  I'm already planning for my 24th.  Just kidding.  But seriously.  

2 comments:

Sierra Penrod said...

I'm totally with you on this. Whenever I didn't have a boyfriend or someone special to celebrate me, I always celebrated myself. Its a mega self-esteem boost and good for the soul. I always buy myself a present too...

Happy belated birthday! I don't know how I missed it on Facebook!

Jeanene said...

It sounds like you had a great birthday Karin. Kate loved Anthropologie when we were in San Francisco. And what a nice surprise to have your mother come. I just wish you would have a reason to come to Utah so we could see you and Ben. We need to make crepes or something French!