In college there are technically two first days of school. Monday, with M-W-F classes, and Tuesday, with T-Th classes. Both went great for Ben & me.
We only took a picture on the first first day - Ben is about to head off to his first class and I am getting ready to leave for the first day of my internship.
Here's the run-down.
Karin
SFL 240 - Parenting and Child Guidance. This is so I can learn about everything my parents did wrong. Haha - JOKE! I think this is going to be a great class. My teacher is a young and bubbly Marriage & Family Therapy grad student, but I can tell that she really knows what she's talking about. She is going to make class really fun, interesting, and applicable. I'm excited.
SFL 354 - Cross-Cultural Family and Human Development. Basically this class is about different families and different cultures - could be very interesting, but so far the teacher has been a little boring. Still, I think it will be okay.
SFL 399 - Academic Internship. I am interning this semester at The Courtyard at Jamestown Assisted Living. I have had two days so far and I really love it. Monday mornings I will work in the Enhanced Care Alzheimers Unit and Tuesday and Thursday afternoons I will work with the main activities for a total of 10-11 hours per week. When I describe what I do to Ben, he calls it a "Labor of Love." In the Alzheimers Unit, I brush hair, clean and paint nails, push wheelchairs outside, help people eat and drink their snacks, etc. With the main activities, I run activities like Bingo, Family Feud, "Quotes, Jokes, & Root Beer Floats," etc. It is a lot of work and I am always really tired when I come home, but I think I am going to learn and grow a lot, and from what I can tell, absolutely love it! It is such a sweet place to be.
HLTH 436 - Human Sexuality in the Curriculum. This class is for people who will be teaching health and sexuality education - I am taking it for my Family Life Educators Certification. My teacher's name is Parley Cougar Hall - hilarious, right? He seems totally awesome, though. I think I'll learn a lot in this class, and it seems to all be worthwhile and interesting. Even though this class is at 8 AM, I think I'll enjoy it.
JAZZ - Again! Yay! I loved my jazz class last semester and I am hoping for another great experience!
With all of these classes, I will complete the requirements for my major and my Family Life Educators Certification and be ready to graduate in just a few short months!
Ben
(Descriptions in the words of Ben, mind you.)
ACC 241 - Business Law. Something about business and the law.
CHIN 325 - Structure of Chinese. Something about the grammatical structure of Chinese.
REL C 324 - The Doctrine and Covenants. D&C Sections 1 - 76 according to the gospel of Brother Bott.
BUS M 430 - Intro to International Business. Something about doing business internationally.
MUSIC 160 - Voice. Hopefully learning to sing a hymn without only mouthing half of it.
And there you have it, folks. Our largest goal this semester is to ENJOY BYU! We love it here.
Oh, and
Whoo! :)


3 comments:
I love your new blog design! Super cute :) Will you graduate this semester then?
i thought cross cultural and human development was so interesting! and i loved cougar's class :) you'll love it.
ben is so funny!
Post a Comment