BIG NEWS in the Myers family household:
Ben has been offered an internship followed by a full-time position at Ernst & Young in San Francisco! And we have accepted!
After this school year ends, we will move to San Francisco for the summer where Ben will intern in the Financial Services Office's Business Advisory Program.
Following the summer internship, we will return to BYU for one more semester and graduate in December.
Then, we will move to San Francisco permanently where Ben will begin working full-time!
*~*~*~*
This is the day we got the offer in the mail . . . we thought it was the whole offer but just the internship part came that day. It was exciting . . . but a little anti-climatic. Haha.
Later that week, E&Y had a "congratulations" dinner in the Hinckley Building for all of the students that had been extended an offer. I decided that I approve of E&Y because of the extremely cute center pieces. :)
I ditched Ben mid-way through the dinner due to a stomach ache, and when I came back to pick him up, he was carrying the center piece! They had announced that whoever's birthday was closest to that day got to take it home, but because I was the only female at our table everyone just figured I could have it. We gave most of the cupcakes away and kept the vase/cupcake display so we can use it for our own parties.
THEN, the official full-time position offer came!
Ben signed everything and we sent both the internship and job acceptances on their merry way!
We celebrated our exciting future last night with an outing to Olive Garden and Coldstone followed by the viewing of Rocky IV!
Who knew when we stood on the Golden Gate Bridge on our second date that one day we would be real people in San Francisco!? [GO GIANTS!]

5 comments:
Congrats!
I'm sure your family will be so excietd to have you close!
yay congrats! that is SO exciting!
seriously, so exciting! we could not be HAPPIER for you both!
love,
K
We're thrilled for the two of you. What an exciting future ahead for you!
Congratulations you two! That is so exciting!
Post a Comment