Sunday, October 24, 2010

check out . . .

. . . this sweet bruise I got from jazz class. There are identical ones on my other knee, my hip bones, and my ankle bones. Who knew?


. . . my jack-o-lantern toe nails for a little Halloween spirit! I heart them!


. . . our Palmyra ponchos we wore to the rainy BYU football game against Wyoming last Saturday! We just knew they'd come in handy again!


. . . 109 pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! (gahh!)
Yesterday was my Sunday to teach Relief Society (I don't think I've ever loved a calling this much :) and it was on two conference talks, both about being mothers and nurturing and teaching children in the home. So, I began by asking "What is the best part about being a kid at Church?" Everyone answered "treats" as I pulled out bags of cookies from inside the podium! Everyone loved it and I got a good laugh.

Now you may be wondering, are there 109 Relief Society sisters in the BYU 44th ward? Certainly not. But . . . last time I made these cookies, 1 batch = 18 cookies. So, quadruple the recipe and get 72 cookies, perfect for our 71 sister Relief Society. But, as Ben figured out in his head in like 4 seconds, I made the right amount of dough, but I made the cookies only 2/3 the size as I did last time! Hence, 109 cookies. It took 3 1/2 hours to bake them all!





. . . our nifty BYU football Pez. Before the football game on Saturday, we went to a PwC tailgate/congratulations for making it to the 2nd round of interviews party. Before Ben flies to NYC next week, they wanted to butter him up. On each table were all kinds of goodies. I came away with BYU beads, BYU tattoos, a PwC notepad, and some PwC cups. Ben's only desire was the BYU football pez. When we got home, it was promptly placed on top of the TV. I told Ben I was going to take it down when our home teachers came over, but he pointed to my Ikea shelf and asked why I could have all of those decorations and he couldn't even have one! Hahaha, good argument, my man. The pez remains. :)


4 comments:

Tyler and Rachael said...

those cookies look SO delicious. way to be the best relief society teacher!

Randy said...

Those cookies look so good. I can taste them in my dreams even now :-)

Sandra said...

I loved this post - so full of info! So, how did you get those bruises in jazz class? You'll have to tell us the next time we skype. Also, I want to be in your next RS class! Lucky women who are..... :-)

Ashley said...

love the toe nails! you have skillz girl! and that pic of you and ben on the top is just about the cutest thing i've ever seen!